There are two primary ways in which Homeroom Fitness collects Information from you: through Interactions and via the Homeroom Fitness Products.
When you interact online or offline with Homeroom Fitness, visit our website, download materials through our website, or register for events, Homeroom Fitness may receive your information, including your Personal Data. For example, we receive your Information when you:
- Visit and use Homeroom Fitness’s websites
- Provide or update account information via our websites or email
- Register or attend Homeroom Fitness events
The Personal Data that we collect directly from you includes the following:
- If you express an interest in obtaining additional information about our services, request customer support, use the “Contact Us” or similar features, sign up for a webinar, or download certain content, we may require that you provide to us your contact information, such as your name, job title, company name, address, phone number, email address or username and password;
- If you make purchases from Homeroom Fitness, we may require that you provide to us your financial and billing information, such as billing name, address, credit card number or bank account information;
- If you use and interact with our websites or emails, we automatically may collect information about your device and your usage of our websites or emails through cookies, web beacons or similar technologies, such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or other identifiers, which may qualify as Personal Data;
- If you voluntarily submit certain information to our services, such as filling out a survey about your user experience, we collect the information you have provided as part of that request.
If you provide us or our service providers with any Personal Data relating to other individuals, you represent that you have the authority to do so and acknowledge that it will be used in accordance with this Privacy Statement. If you believe that your Personal Data has been provided to us improperly, or to otherwise exercise your rights relating to your Personal Data, please contact us by using the information set out in the “Contacting us” section below.
We also collect Information, about you from third-party sources such as through public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, conference hosts, event companies, partners, and other like parties when you interact with them. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers and create more tailored advertising to provide services that may be of interest to you.
Homeroom Fitness Products
We also collect Information, including Personal Data, when we provide our Homeroom Fitness Products to you (or a third party with which you work) to service your account. We may ask you for this data directly, or in some cases we may collect it when certain features are enabled in our Homeroom Fitness Products. For example, we collect your Information when you:
- Order any of our Homeroom Fitness Products
- Interact with Homeroom Fitness online or offline, including when you request support services for your Homeroom Fitness Products
- If you (or a third party for whom you work) uses Homeroom Fitness Products to process information, we may collect metadata about the use of the Homeroom Fitness Products (e.g., usage, performance, deployment environment, and analytic data) which may include elements of Personal Data, such as IP address or User ID as further described below.
What We Collect Via Our Interactions
We (or third parties acting on our behalf) may collect your Information, including your Personal Data, through the Interactions described above. Categories of Personal Data we collect include such things as:
- Email address
- Physical address
- Payment details
- Phone number
- IP address
Except for IP address, these data elements are either collected when you manually key in your Personal Data to our website forms or when you provide them to the third parties from whom we receive marketing leads. IP addresses are collected on an automated basis through your use of the website services. We may infer your location from your IP address.
How We Use Information Collected From Interactions
Homeroom Fitness uses the Information it collects from your Interactions to satisfy different legitimate business interests, to deliver services to you in accordance with our terms, or to satisfy our legal obligations. We take seriously the need to balance our legitimate business interests with your privacy rights and summarize for you below how we use your Information, including Personal Data.
We use your Information to:
- Fulfill your orders or respond to your requests for information (e.g., marketing materials from our website such as white papers)
To satisfy these requests, we need to collect and use your name and email address.
- Improve and develop the Homeroom Fitness Products
We look for ways to innovate and advance our Products. To do this, we use Information about how you use the Offerings, including how you interact with various aspects of the Products, how long you use them and the content that is of interest to you. This helps us fulfill our legitimate interest in improving our Products and make them more relevant to you.
- Send administrative information, such as changes to contract terms or policies
Where we make updates to our terms or policies, we may be required under certain laws, and sometimes under our contract terms, to notify you of these changes. Likewise, we may need to notify you of changes in how we administer our website services either by the terms of our agreement with you, legal requirements, or simply to let you know of a change affecting how you use the Products. We will use your name and email address to send these notices to you.
- Manage your Homeroom Fitness Products
In order to deliver Homeroom Fitness Products under the contract between you and Homeroom Fitness, we need to collect certain Information from you like your contact and payment details. Without this Information, we may not be able to deliver the services or comply with our legal obligations.
- Send marketing communications
Where we have your consent to do so, we use your email to send you product announcements, educational materials or information about special offers or upcoming events. We may also invite you to participate in various promotional activities. We do these to generate interest in our Homeroom Fitness Products and grow our business. We carry out our marketing campaigns in accordance with applicable laws and provide you with options to “opt-out” of receiving these materials should you so choose.
- Invite you to participate in surveys and usability studies
- Personalize your experience
- Diagnose and fix technical issues, monitor the security of our environments, and otherwise protect our property
We need to be able to anticipate and recognize potential threats to the operation and security of our website services to help keep them online and secure. We may process your Personal Data, in particular your IP address, for this purpose. We do this to satisfy our legitimate business interest in helping ensure the security of our website services and our legal obligations.
- To comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, or to protect our legal rights
- For any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with the Homeroom Fitness Products from time to time
If we intend to process your Personal Data for a purpose other than that set out above, we will provide you with information prior to such processing.
Exercising Your Rights
You have the right to request access to and correction of your Personal Data. You may also have the right to request your Personal Data be “forgotten” (technically erased) or object to Homeroom Fitness processing it.
If you would like to request to access, correct, erase, or object to the processing of your Personal Data, contact us at: https://homeroomfit.com/contact/ Please describe the nature of your request and the Personal Data it relates to and we will comply as soon as reasonably practicable, consistent with applicable law.
If we process your Personal Data based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. We will let you know if we are seeking to rely on your consent at the time we collect your information.
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from Homeroom Fitness on a go-forward basis, you may also contact us at: https://homeroomfit.com/contact/ Please make clear in your request that your Personal Data be removed from marketing-related emails.
What We Collect Via Our Homeroom Fitness Products and How We Use It
Usage Data. We collect and process different types of usage data when you use the Homeroom Fitness Products to serve our legitimate business interest of improving our products and services for the benefit of our customers. We work hard to help ensure a balance between our legitimate business interests and your privacy rights.
- Aggregated Usage Data is information pertaining to your Homeroom Fitness Products’ operating environment, including performance and session information. It may include such things as Homeroom Fitness application version, number of active users, number of queries by type, app names, report names, report views, and metrics on the data collected in the software solution database.
This information is aggregated and used by Homeroom Fitness to analyze usage patterns and other business metrics so that Homeroom Fitness can improve its products and benefit customers. Information is collected initially to verify that data is received from a valid Homeroom Fitness product. Most personal information is not collected; in certain cases some Personal Information is replaced with random anonymized keys before being analyzed. Homeroom Fitness uses Aggregated Usage Data extensively to help us better understand how our Homeroom Fitness Products are being used, make improvements to them, and develop new features, or new Homeroom Fitness Products. For example, we may use this data to:
- Better understand how our users configure and use Homeroom Fitness Products
- Determine which configurations or practices optimize performance (g.,best practices)
- Benchmark key performance indicators (“KPIs”)
- Perform data analysis and audits
- Identify, understand, and anticipate performance issues and the environmental factors that affect them
- Improve the operation of the Homeroom Fitness Products and develop new features and functionality
We use Aggregated Usage Data for the purposes described above to fulfill our legitimate business interests to develop, expand and improve the Homeroom Fitness Products. Homeroom Fitness only collects and processes data authorized by its customers through its customers use of its Software. While Homeroom Fitness recognizes that an individual has the right to access the data collected about that individual, Homeroom Fitness does not have a relationship with its customers’ employees but rather only with its customers (data controller). As a result, if you are an employee of one of our customers and you would like to amend, delete or alter your data, then you need to contact your employer directly and Homeroom Fitness will respond within a reasonable period of time to any such request by our customer. Homeroom Fitness only retains the data it stores and processes for its customers for as long as necessary to provide the Service to its customers or as required to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce any agreement.
- Support Usage Datais the same as Aggregated Usage Data, but the contact information persists so that the Information can be linked to your account for Homeroom Fitness to analyze the performance information you send when you ask for help in troubleshooting your Homeroom Fitness Products or to personalize your experience.
Other Collection Practices
We also collect Personal Data from you to fulfill our contractual commitments to you. For example, we collect contact information such as name, address (email and physical) and phone number to enter you into our customer data base systems and manage your account. This may also include Information about billing and payments, customer or support services, or software updates. We share this Information with our affiliates, vendors and partners who help us service your account and with whom we have written agreements protecting the confidentiality and security of your Information. We do not sell this Information.
How Homeroom Fitness Shares Your Information
Homeroom Fitness may disclose Information to third parties in the following ways:
- Affiliates. We may disclose Information to our affiliates subject to these obligations in order for them to help administer or service the Homeroom Fitness Products. Homeroom Fitness is the party responsible for the management of jointly-used Personal Data. Homeroom Fitness maintains intragroup agreements with its affiliates covering the use of Personal Data within the Homeroom Fitness family of companies.
- Service Providers. We may disclose Information to our third-party service providers or partners who help service Homeroom Fitness’s business operations. This may include such things as infrastructure, data analysis, order fulfillment, IT services, customer service, professional services or audit services, among others.Homeroom Fitness’s third-party service providers are under written agreements with Homeroom Fitness that require them to protect your Information, including without limitation your Personal Data.
- Partners. We may disclose contact and account Information to our partners to permit them to assess your interest in the Homeroom Fitness Products, conduct user research and surveys, or send you marketing communications, subject to the terms of their privacy policies. We may also share License Usage, Aggregated Usage and Support Usage Data with partners who are providing support services to you to assist you with troubleshooting the performance issues you report. Partners are subject to written agreements with Homeroom Fitness that require them to protect the Information we share with them, including your Personal Data.
- Compliance and Safety.We may disclose Information as necessary or appropriate under applicable laws (including laws outside your country of residence) to: comply with legal process or requirements, including applicable notification obligations; respond to requests from public and government authorities (including public and government authorities outside your country of residence); enforce our terms and conditions; and protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates and our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
- Merger, Sale, Etc.We may disclose Information in the event of a proposed or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of Homeroom Fitness business, assets or stock (including Information regarding any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- Other Users.We may disclose Information to other users of the Service in aggregated format, provided it does not include Personal Data. This may include “best practices” tips, KPIs, benchmark data or other such aggregated information useful to the user community.
Lawful Basis for Transferring Your Data
Homeroom Fitness is committed to uphold the privacy principles articulated in the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield (“Privacy Principles”).
Onward transfers of data to third parties
Homeroom Fitness only transfers personal data with third party controller organizations that are under contract with Homeroom Fitness, and such data may only be processed for limited and specified purposes consistent with the consent provided by the individual. If the third party is acting as an agent rather than a controller, Homeroom Fitness will ensure that the transfer of data is only for limited and specific purposes. Homeroom Fitness has responsibility for the processing of personal information it receives and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Homeroom Fitness shall remain liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if its agent processes such personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless the Homeroom Fitness proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
How We Secure Your Information
Homeroom Fitness takes appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard Personal Data against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, misuse, or destruction. Unfortunately, no data transmission, software, or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please notify us immediately in accordance with the “Contact Homeroom Fitness” section below. If Homeroom Fitness learns of a breach of its systems, Homeroom Fitness may notify you or others consistent with applicable law and/or as agreed in our contract with you. Homeroom Fitness may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Homeroom Fitness Products and the Information you provide to us.
Homeroom Fitness Also Observes the Following Practices
Use of Homeroom Fitness Products by Minors. The Homeroom Fitness Products are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13) or those not of the age of majority in your jurisdiction, and we request that these individuals not provide Personal Data through the Homeroom Fitness Products.
Cross-border Transfers. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers based in countries outside of your country of residence, including to the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country. As indicated above, Homeroom Fitness has certified to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks for the transfer of Personal Data from the EEA and Switzerland to the U.S. We take steps to put in place adequacy mechanisms to protect your Personal Data in our agreements with our service providers.
Contact Homeroom Fitness